93 LaSabre

Wife drives a 93 LaSabre and we love this car. Yesterday I notice the brake fluid level was a little low and I filled it. She went to work (20 miles).
On her way home she stopped at a 7-11 and the brake light came on. She called me rather then drive it home (thank god). I went and found a brake line on the right side about 2 two feet in front of the real wheel was leaking. This nearly completely drained the fluid.
I went to advance auto and got a plug and put it in the rear brake side of the master cylinder, and filled the fluid. This allowed us to get it home where I can work on it.
Two things I noticed that surprised me.
1. The brake line appeared to be plastic as it followed the frame.
2. The master cylinder has only one compartment for fluid and the failure of the the front or rear brakes results in draining the system and thus you have no brakes.
I will look at it closer tomorrow.