93 Lumina keeps dying

This has happened to me before, but it stopped after a while. This time it isn't stopping. I disconnect the battery to do something like replace the alternator and then when I'm done I can't keep it running.
It will start, it will run fine, but as soon as i start driving if I don't keep my foot on the gas it wants to die.
Is it something with the computer that needs to be done everytime the battery is diconnected? Can I fix it without having to take it in? Please help.
The pcm goes thru a re-learn procedure, concerning idle speed.

-
Here is a link to a website to do the learn procedure. Roy
http://www.xse.com/leres/efidiag/idlelearn.html