93 Park Ave Serpentine belt replacement

I was told I could get main belt off and on to replace it by pulling straight upon the tention wheel with a rachet without turning anything. When I try it, it doesn't move. Does any one have an idea of what I,m
doing wrong? Thanks, Macy
the tensioner has either a squre drive or a bolthead ( 18mm ? ) you would hook onto. Some you lift up on or some you press downward to release the belt tension.
On a 93 you may have to remove the motor mount - as the belt runs around it on some year 3800's.
good luck.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~291,400 miles_~_~_
I had someone show me how he does it........take an 18mm socket wrench with the handle at the "3 oclock" position (pointed toward front headlights),then pull up on the wrench handle. At first, I did not know how to position the wrench handle. It works! Thanks for your help always. Macy