94 Buick Park Ave 3.8-155,000 miles-sudden stalling-Timing Chain?

I am having a stalling problem at 30MPH and higher speeds.No permanent code set except for once,P0341-Camshaft Position Sensor circuit or position.I replaced the sensor but the stalling problem still happens.Is
there a way to check out timing chain performance by using a scan meter instead of a visual inspection ? Thanks.Dom
Usually the sensor magnet on the cam gear falls off, when the code sets, but this causes hard starts not stalling.