94 Buick Park Ave -ABS light on

Is there any way to diagnose problem without a scan meter ?

Reply to
Dom and Sue

No, not unless you want to test every wire, sensor and solenoid in the system.

However, 95% of the time, a wheel sensor is to blame. Go to each wheel and check for an open circuit in each wheel sensor. If all okay, check the connectors, these get corroded and lose contact.

All that will take time, if you knew the code, you could go right to the problem.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

My ABS light started came on when the alternator started to go out. ABS must be the first thing to go.

Reply to
Li

Ya, that happened to me as well, but usually other lights start coming on shortly after that. Air bag, battery, seat belt, etc.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

yes jump where the diag. plugs in across a and b amd count the flashes of your check engine light when it shows 55 the test is done mark dowwnany #s in between als the light will blink like 3 times then 5 this is a code 35 for example and it should repeat three times hope this helps

Reply to
MegroeG