94 Buick Park Ave-low brake pedal.

When the bake pedal is depressed,it feels spongy and goes very low.There is no loss of brake fluid when I check the reservoir .I just had the system power flushed but this didn`t seem to improve anything. Could the Master Cylinder be leaking through internally,as there is no sign of external leaking.The vehicle has 175,000 miles Thanks,Dom

Reply to
Dom and Sue

Sure, the master cylinder could indeed be blowing by. You would not see any external leakage as the blow by is internal to the master cylinder. At

175,000 miles I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it needed a master cylinder.
Reply to
Mike Marlow

Mike is right but if you want to prove it pump the break a couple of times and hold the last pump. After a few seconds you should feel a slight depression of the pedal. Ernie

Reply to
ernie