94 Chevy 1500 p/u ign switch

The other day my shift lever would not come out of park; eng running but finally it did. A few times since the ign. switch would not turn to crank. The other day my wife was driving it, the power windows, hvac system, the radio, nothing was powered and the ign. switch would not turn off. Had to pull a fuse to kill the engine when she got home. I'm thinking the tumblers in the ign switch is bad. But I've never pulled one out. Can you give me any other advice or if you agree the switch is bad, how does it come out?? Thanks.

Reply to
fivejayz

Before pulling the lock get some lock eze or other tumbler lubricant and spray. It usually fixes tumbler problems.

Reply to
Woody

Forgot to mention DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT A LUBRICANT MADE FOR LOCK TUMBLERS. They will gum it up and then you will have to replace it.

Reply to
Woody