'94 Chevy pickup starting problem

I was looking at a '94 Chevy 1500 2WD pickup to buy for a work truck, 350 TBI, and upon trying to start it it had to be cranked for a LONG time before it took off. It hadn't been started for a week or so. It
ran ok once it got started. Next day I tried to start it and the same thing. No check engine light when it starts. Was wondering if there is a common problem with these to cause this. Thank you in advance.

I would look at the fuel system, including filter, as starters. You might want to monitor fuel pump pressure as you try to start this truck and see if the pump pressure is adequate.