94 Chevy S-10 Blazer

Said SUV has V-6 4.3L Vortec engine and 4 speed automatic transmission.
Intentions: At home, change the automatic transmission filter, replace lost
tranny fluid, then have entire tranny flushed and replaced with new fluid.
Problem: Unable to drop tranny pan as crossover exhaust pipe prevents dropping pan straight down. Filter and internals prevent any appreciable side to side or back to front movement of pan. The rear crossmember location for the rear transmission mount is in the way about 1/2" also preventing straight down movement, this part of it am guessing is not of consequence?
What is the normal removal procedure for dropping the tranny pan on this vehicle?
Would having the crossover pipe moved forward a couple of inches at an exhaust shop be a better long term solution for self tranny filter replacement?
Should I have the entire tranny flushed and fluid replaced before the tranny filter replacement, or the reverse?
--
Jonny

Support the transmission and t-case and drop the transmission crossmember.

My son-in-law says to remove the nut that holds the transmission mount to the crossmember, then jack up the tranny to the floorboard. This will work on the rear part. As far as I can see, the exhaust crossover pipe will follow the tranny and engine when jacking the the rear of the transmission. So, this doesn't address the clearance problem with the front of the transmission pan with the exhaust crossover pipe. Seems like the pan will be wedged in there between the exhaust crossover pipe and the tranny internals after all is said and done. Seems the same way when removing the transmission crossmember as well.
The pan must come straight down and clear the transmission internals and filter before the pan can be moved to any side.
--
Jonny
"Mike Levy" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
You'll get enough room by removing the tranny crossmember. I've seen it done on a 94 S-10 Blazer 4x4.

Got it done alright. Mine is 2WD.
Used combination method of jacking up tranny, and moving not removing the crossmember. Removed two bolts on one side of crossmember, one bolt on the other, and loosened remaining bolt. Moved one side of the crossmember toward rear. This gave me enough room.
Had to jack the tranny up as the long all-thread from the transmission mount to the crossmember prevented me from moving the crossmember, even when there's nothing securing the crossmember. The crossmember will not drop straight down due the its mounting method on the frame rails.
Driver's side exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe joint is now leaking due to the movement. Have to replace the "biscuit" now. Had to take the Blazer to my son-in-law to bolt up the crossmember again. The nut and washer combo are way inside the frame rail hollow area. Couldn't get fingers inside to start these to the bolts. Pretty much uneventful, but slow as was being overly cautious.