94 Jimmy ROUGH idle

Just recently my Jimmy's "Service Engine Soon" light came on and it started to idle very roughly... I can drive it ok at higher throttle (highway speeds), but idling it threatens to die.

When turning on the ignition, I no longer hear the fuel pump spin up. Can it run if the fuel pump is dead? O2 sensor?

I cannot afford the $79 to have the local shop diagnose it...

thanks steve

Reply to
Steve

See my site below or

for instructions on retrieving trouble codes - one should be stored if the SES light came on.

Reply to
Robert Hancock