'94 Lasabre 3800 Oil Smell

Anyone own a 1994 lasabre which has had an oil smell? It is very distinct, while sitting idling. I see no oil leaks and nothing on my garage floor. Could it be a CO2 sensor? hate to buy one and still have the problem, cause the garage will sure not hesitate to put one in (previous experience)

Thank you.

Reply to
eddy

are the valve cover gaskets seeping oil? Oil might be running down on the exhaust manifolds. After ten years they do tend to seep a bit of oil.

good luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face