'94 Lasabre 3800 Oil Smell

Anyone own a 1994 lasabre which has had an oil smell? It is very distinct, while sitting idling. I see no oil leaks and nothing on my garage floor. Could it be a CO2 sensor? hate to buy one and still have the problem, cause
the garage will sure not hesitate to put one in (previous experience)
Thank you.
are the valve cover gaskets seeping oil? Oil might be running down on the exhaust manifolds. After ten years they do tend to seep a bit of oil.
good luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_