94 LeSabre - strange aerodynamic anomaly

Whenever I drive my 94 LeSabre at highway speeds with only the rear windows open, there is a bizarre rapid throbbing sound. This is weird to type but it's really very similar to the sounds of the pod racers
from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. I know it's an aerodynamic effect because I can actually feel the air pressure in the cabin throbbing along with the sound. I don't let it happen for long because I'm actually afraid my windows are going to blow out or something. There are no aftermarket body cladding or anything like that on it. Has anyone else experienced this in their LeSabre or Bonneville or other similar GM body, and has it resulted in any damage?

I experience this in my 94 Park Ave and in my larger 94 Caddy Deville.
It has never resulted in any damage to either vehicle, but it annoys me no end. In my case it's because I had a punctured right eardrum and any changes in air pressure give it problems...
Dave
Mir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)
On 1 Sep 2004 23:53:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Cermo) wrote:

Exactly the same on my 1995 Olds 98. A few other cars that I've had have done the same thing (my old 86 continental springs to mind). The only damage done is to your ear drums, if any.
My daughter reports exactly the exact same phenomenon when driving her fianc's, ugh, 2004 Kia Sorento. Sorry for mentioning that brand here in this premiere automotive group. Be American. Buy American.
(Cermo) wrote:

Cermo wrote:

I'm on my second Buick Park Avenue that does exactly that same thing. There is nothing defective. It's just the way that it was designed. Besides, you will get better fuel economy if you leave all of the windows up.
For a rhythm, I'd give it a 5, but the lyrics really stink.
---Bob Gross---
Cermo wrote:

Over the last few years I've rented way over a hundred vehicles of all kinds. All the ones with lower-able back windows did that. I don't know why. I usually put in my ear plugs and max out the stereo and forward velocity.

My '99 Regal (W-body) does this.
Roger