94 LeSabre will not start

My 94 LeSabre will not even turn over. I hear a relay under the hood click, but not the solenoid on the starter. All fuses are Ok. For the last couple of months, maybe once every 1, 2 or 3 days, the car would stall but it would start again immediatly. Sometimes it would hexitate but pressing the gas would keep it from stalling. It was like if the ignition was turned off. No error codes present. Today, it just went complely dead except for the clicking realay. Batery is new and charged. minutes before it was starting and running fine. Can it be the scurity system? I have a scan tool and when I connect it to the computer plug it says "Operating error... Check connection". Could it mean that there is no power applied to the ECM?

Than you

Antonio

Reply to
Alpha One

Check ground. A faulty ground can work one minute, not the next, especially if wires get moved or tugged.

Reply to
451 CTDS

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

Yes. When it stalled days ago and the other times I asked myself if it could be the security system, because I have checked most everything else like fuel pressure, crankshaft sensor, spark plugs, etc., and couldn't find anything wrong, but I guess it can be anything.

Reply to
Alpha One

You have a flaky ECM buddy.

Reply to
Kelvin Lin

Are you getting a Security or Theft System light on after a failed start attempt?

The theft deterrent system won't cause the engine to stall while driving, however, so I don't think that's the problem.

Reply to
Robert Hancock