94 park avenue - have one? - wiring question.....

All of a sudden the emergency brake light (and chime) stay on. I have checked the switch by the side wall and it seems to be functioning fine.....I have always had to lift the brake with my toe to completely shut
off the light. That does not work now...
I am hoping the problem is in a ground wire. The black ground wire is located/attached to the ..ummm...er...emergency brake bracket that is attached to the side wall. It would appear this wire goes up under the dash....I say appears because the other end has come loose.
I hope to find somebody in a parking lot to look at their car but they may not let me trace the wire . . .
Can anyone tell me where it goes? I DID google the groups postings for a similar problem and will be checking fluid, brake functioning on all wheels, etc., in the meantime...
thanks
john
Criminy - I hate co-incidences. I had checked front and rear brakes last week. All okay. This emergency light problem only appeared 'after' I replaced the starter. Anyhow, the problem was solved with the addition of a little brake fluid, so thanks to you guys for posting the answers I found on google.
Anyhow, I'd still like to know where that little black wire goes....
john

shut
wheels,
Checking your brake fluid level should be one of your first moves. As to the ground - ground is ground. I suspect that the black wire you see is for something else (aftermarket radio?), but if you want to hook it up, just screw it to metal that is continuous with the chassis.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
> metal that is continuous with the chassis
.......and to us who grew up in the boondocks, that means metal that is already grounded :) s

is
Yeah...
And from those of us who also grew up in the boondocks, a phrase we all love, but seldom get to use...
I fart in your general direction sir.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Sorry, Mike, I meant nothing negative in my reply(please note the smiley face!). I actually thought your wording was quite accurate--honestly, maybe a little envy on my part where I lack such a command of our language. PLEASE accept my sincere apology. And thanks for your helping us participants who come here seeking solutions. s

smiley
maybe
Damn - there, I went and done it again. The apologies are mine Sam. It was my failed attempt at humor. I found your comment on my post to be somewhat funny and frankly, a bit accurate. I was trying to acknowledge that and throw a little levity back at ya. It was intended to be good natured jabbing back and forth. Sometimes these things just don't come out in print the same way that you imagine them when you first create the post. No apologies necessary on your part Sam - they are mine this time.