94' Saturn cranks but won't start

I've got a '94 Saturn SL2 which will not start, just cranks. It was running fine until I parked it and tried to start it 2 hours later. Good battery, cranks fine, just will not kick over. I suspect the timing chain at 83K but was wondering if there is anyway to determine if it is bad without removing the cover. Yes, it does have a half tank of gas.

Reply to
news-server

Goto rec.autos.makers.saturn

or look at the archives

No it is not the chain. You should check to see if you are getting fuel and spark.

Reply to
HeatWave

Thanks you.

news-server

Why do you suspect the timing chain? That would be way, way down on my list of suspect items. Probably not even on my list. I'd be looking for fuel delivery and spark first. Gas in the tank is a good thing but gas injected into the cylinders is a totally different matter and that's one of the things I'd be looking for.

Reply to
Mike Marlow