95 4.3l smokes bad and oil is pooling up in intake

Hello I just picked up a 95 blazer with a 4.3 and it is smokeing bad all the time (oil smoke) I have leaned that the intake gasket was just replaced and it never smoked before. I took the upper part of the intake off and there is oil all over the inside and pooling up in the corners. Will putting new intake gaskets on and doing it right this time solve my problem ? seems so obvios that this is my problem BUT looking at this manafold design I dont understand how so much oil could be entering the manafold? unless somethig else is going on. Any help or experences will be a big help. Mike

Reply to
mlamet

my first guess ..........the intake manifold job sounds like it wasn't done properly? Who did the job, a licensed mechanic or some wanna be? A new gasket and sealant might be your cheapest way to find out. Do it right

Reply to
Blair/Lanze

It was done at a radiator shop (so it was not done by a expert by far) I pulled off the lower part of the manifold and it looks ok I stil can't see how the oil is getting in there but I have never had 4.3 apart so I'am no expert myself on this engine !!!! Help Mike

Reply to
mlamet

Is there a fuel pressure regulator and fuel injection hoses inside the intake manifold? It looks like an octopus. If there is it is the fuel pressure regulator or supply hose leaking fuel inside the intake manifold. If there was no fuel system components inside the intake manifold then it must be the seal where the intake manifold sits in the valley of the v-6 engine. The vacuum inside the intake manifold will suck in exhaust blow by gas from the valley of the engine (valley is v shaped depression under intake manifold in v type engines). Look at gasket where intake meets heads on both sides for signs of leakage like smears.

Reply to
edokamoto

There is a injector and regulator in the manifold but it is not gas pooling inside the intake it is definetly oil. The gasket looks good ok

Reply to
mlamet