95 beretta 3.1 temp question

the 3.1 in my 95 beretta never seems to exceed 1/4 way on the temp gauge (much of the time it is less than that). also, the heater never seems to get too hot, nothing like the heater on my buddy's corsica of the same year with
the 2.2l. im guessing my thermostat is stuck open or someone along the line removed the thermostat. can anyone speak from experience in having this happen, or any suggestions?
I have a 1999 Corsica with the 2.8, same problem thermostat was stuck..... Either that or you have a summer thermostat which will open sooner than a winter one. My guess, either way I think that is your problem........ hope this helps.

get
with
line
Sorry correction to the year it's a 1989

Yep, I bet thermostat is defective......same thing happened to mine ........