95 Blazer, WEIRD problem!!

Hi all,
I have a 95 Chevy Blazer (S10) 4wd 4dr with a 4.3L W engine. A few months ago, I replaced my fuel lines, brake lines, gas tank (used original sending unit), catalytic converter, and a new performance
gibson exhaust system. It used to run beautiful before until my original catalytic converter got blocked and my gas lines started leaking. I went on a trip, about 2 months, and left my car parked outside next to a tree. When I came back, I had found that squirrels had made my engine compartment into a hotel and had chewed 5 wires from my computer. My car has been behaving very badly My car only starts if it has been sitting for about 2 days, it starts immediately after. If I start my car less than two days between consecutive starts, it doesn't start, it tries to start but just dies halfway in doing so. Any more starts are useless, and you have to wait 2 days. (I had rejoined my wires of the computer that the squirrel had knibbled on) The exhaust does not smell rich of gas and there is no smell of gas coming from the engine compartment hinting that the engine is not being flooded. It almost seems as if it is being starved for fuel. My question is, why is it starting if i leave it for 2 days? Second, do you think the squirrels could have shorted out my computer because me rejoining the broken wires has seemed to help none. (The car used to behave the same when the wires were chopped off, I only discovered this one day when I popped the hood and saw 5 little babies on top of my computer) Could my gas tank be the problem, you can almost say that pressure is being built up in those 2 days because if you start it 3 hrs after a start, it nearly fires and any more starts after that are as if there is no gas whatsoever. What is going on??? Any help would be grealy appreciated Thanks

I would suggest trying to put a fuel pressure gauge on the car and see what pressure you get after having it run, and sit for an hour, and then after having it run and sit for 2 days.
Where would I put a fuel pressure gauge? I can hear the pump so I know the pump is working. Thanks for your reply
In article
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Fuel pressure test port?
Does anyone think it could be the crankshaft position sensor, because the problem has seemed to get worse day by day. The computer, then, would not realize if the engine is starting, therefore, sending no fuel to the injectors and what not. Because my engine runs fine (when it does start), i'm leaning away from fuel, etc problems. There seems to be a problem in the start up sequence....... Again thanx to those who replied