95 Bonneville Interior light

Hi all! I got a 95 Bonneville with 105K miles on it. Recently, I noticed that the interior light (the one above the rear passanger door) doesn't turn on when I open doors. I tried to turn it on, and
the button switch just fell out. So, now I got an empty groove where the button used to slide and the light won't turn on. I tried to put a piece of wire through the groove hole to hook it on to something in order to put the switch in the position where the light turns on whenever you open a door. However, I was unsuccessful.
Can anyone suggest what to do? All I need is to put the switch/circuit in a position where the light turns on whenever I open a door. Can the overhead light assembly (it includes the light and the handle) be disassembled/dismantled so I can put the switch in the proper position? Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

Knowing about GM's quality (I've owned several) the socket itself has probably melted. You should be able to just pull the whole light unit out with a bit of luck and then you can examine it.
So, can that whole light/handle assembly be dismantled? It looks like there are two clips/pins holding it tight to the upholstery. How do I tackle them? Anything else I would need to do?