'95 Buick Century front struts

The car is approaching 130K miles and I'm thinking it's time to replace the front struts.
Does anyone have a ballpark idea how expensive this will be?

I am sure your struts are worn out by now.. The last time I did this job, a couple of years ago, I ended up paying about $80 for the strut cartridges, and did the job myself. It cost me about $50 to have the front end aligned after the replacement of the strut cartridges.
If you take it to a dealership, I would estimate you would pay about $230 total for the cartridges, another couple of hundred for the labor and alignment. (Those are the prices the dealership quoted on the cartridges when I did mine) So guess on about $450-500.
An independent might be intermediate between those very rough figures.
hls wrote:

Thanks.
Are there different kinds of struts, or are they all pretty much the same?

The dealership struts on the models I have done are essentially the same as you can get at the FLAPS.. When I complained about the high price, the service manager told me, in fact, that I could buy the same units at the NAPA store for a fraction of the price. And I did.
I did not go the effort to see if Bilsteins were available for these cars.
Michael Golden wrote:

Don't get performance struts. They will shake the car apart.

Quick struts are your best bet as a DIYer. Pre assembled with new springs, basically plug and play. A few more bucks than just cartridges but no compressing springs, new top bearings,etc. .
Repairman wrote:

Thanks. I hadn't heard of these.