95 Buick LeSabre

My 95 LeSabre, when I lower the driver' side front window, I have to wait 1 minute or more for it to go up again. It's as if the motor didn't have
enough power to push it up. Sometimes it stops in the midle or just goes up a few inches, so I have to wait longer and try again. Anyone know what it is?
Thank you
If its a 14 year old window motor you got in there I would say its in its dying stages.
harryface 91 Bonneville 319,800 05 Park Avenue 87, 773
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:11:04 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Two thoughts, does this have 'express' or auto-down? That circuit might be interfering with the operation.
As well, there may be an overtemp protector on the motor that opens. The protector (a very simple thermostat) may be defective, or more likely the motor is really overheating. One test would be to open the door panel to access the motor, and drop the window. Then (carefully) check to see if the motor is hot. If it is too hot to hold your hand on it, then I'd say the motor was dead.
From that stage put a meter across the motor leads and check voltages. Window motors are reverse polarity in most vehicles, check to make sure the motor is always getting voltage.

GM products are infamous for this window motor problem. It has been going on for YEARS.
A new motor is almost certainly needed, as Harry says.
When you take all this crap apart, look for places in the grooves where the window can be fouled, fabric deteriorating in those areas, etc.
Lubricate where needed.
This is another case of GM knows about it, and doesnt give a shit. Other cars, for the most part, dont have this sort of LONG term problem.
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:22:31 -0400, RR fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

Following up on Harry Face and PeterD, your motor is dying. It is 14- years-old after all.
I had this happen on my '95 Jimmy.
Replacement should not be too hard, and may even be a DIY job.
--
perfectreign
www.perfectreign.com || www.ecmplace.com

1
You ought to see the ones in late 1980s Buick cars. I have to start both of mine if I want to put the windows up, otherwise it just won't happen.
I haven't attempted a fix yet, but it would not surprise me to find that the switches have either oxidized or burned. The motors are cheaply made, but I can't see anything obvious about them that would result in their running slower as they age. I have given some thought to also pulling them out and cleaning the internals after repacking the bearings with fresh grease. How much of that I do depends on how serviceable of a design the motor is.
William