95 Buick riviera supercharger

the supercharger is shot. I was told i could bypass the charger by putting on a belt for the same car by using a belt that is for one without the supercharger. Is this possible to do without doing further damage to the car?

Reply to
rivvi

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible except that without the supercharger you will have an engine that barely moves. I would think that they lowered the compression quite a bit to make up for the extra air that the supercharger puts in. You should check on the specifications before thinking about running the engine normally aspirated out on the road.

As to the question at hand, you might need a complete accessory mount system from a donor car to make it right. Again you need to look into the design specs before possibly wasting money on changing the engine over to normally aspirated.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

I have a 975 Park Ave. Got a rebuilt supercharger from

About $600-700 as I recall. Lifetime warranty.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

IIRC, the comp. ratio on the supercharged engine was only 1/2 point below the non-supercharged version--kinda like 8.0:1 vs. 8.5:1. Heard some people claiming to run regular vs. premium due to its lower comp. ratio!!! s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Try

It doesn't work with the dot in the address.

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Oops!

Reply to
Ed

Isn't this a Roots type supercharger? If it is, the engine is going to suck through it. Not going to work very well.

Al

Reply to
Big Al