95 Cav hard to stop

My 95 Cav needs more and more foot pressure on the pedal to stop. Wheel cylinders and pads/shoes seem ok. My guess is either booster or master cylinder going bad.
Any suggestions?
If your loosing fluid Master Cylinder...When pressing on the brake and you hear air in the peddle more than likely the booster..Whens the last time you bled your system?
Steve Cook wrote:

No leaks anywhere. Normally I would hear air when I press the pedal. Now I don't hear any air... - all my other vehicles made air noises. I last bled the system 6 months ago when I put on new rear cylinders. Any suggestions?
Check Valve ! Your best clue was " not hearing air " The check valve is the white plastic fitting that goes from hose to booster.
top post.... Hes got a point.....If it looks like its connected pull the hose.Check it for vacuum if your have vacuum replace the valve....If you dont trace the hose back to your manifold to see if it came off or if you have a hole any where.If you get it going or need more advice let us know Steve Re: 95 Cav hard to stop Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 3:38am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@concentric.net (451ctds) Check Valve ! Your best clue was " not hearing air " The check valve is the white plastic fitting that goes from hose to booster.
451ctds wrote:

That's what it was! Took it off and sprayed silicone into it and it started working again. Thanks to you and Steve for helping.