95 chevy lumina starting problems

I have a 95 chevy lumina, i am having problems keeping it started where i gotta keep pushing on the gas to keep it started but lately now its been backfiring smells like rotten eggs....but if i can keep it started it works
just fine, but just the other day when i got it started turned the air conditioner on the hole car shut off......when i turned it off & restarted it worked fine.... my friend replaced all the spark plugs & even the air filter, but still having the same problems....i even went & bought fuel system cleaner to help but so far nothing.... then when i tried today to start my car now i cant even keep it started just backfires alot.....i have to keep pushing on the gas to keep it started makes the backfiring noises but it doesnt even wanna stay started at all....any ideas what i can do, i dont have alot of money or i would have taken it to a shop to get fixed by now....these probs started just about 2 weeks ago..... can some one please email me if u got any ideas..... snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Thanks Elizabeth
Catylitic converter shot, plugged solid, replace. Maybe

The fact that it smells like rotten eggs indicates that the catalytic convertor is plugged and thus needs replaced anyway, plus that would likely produce the symptoms it has, such as wanting to die, etc. A reputable muffler shop can test the pressure before and after the catalytic converter to determine if it's plugged or not, usually do this free of charge. If it is plugged and you replace it, the other problems may well disappear.
Start with the basics, have the fuel pressure tested.

-
how can i have the fuel pressure tested???? i dont know that much about cars.. ..
Shep wrote:

Need to get a fuel pressure gage on the fuel rail.

-
does it cost alot if it is the fuel pressure prob....trying to find out cause i gotta take it into a shop tomorrow to have that looked at.... Elizabeth
Shep wrote:

Possible fuel pump or regulator 175 to 400 depending on area and diagnosis.

-