95 GA Rad. Removal

I need to pull the radiator on a 95 Grand AM 4 cylinder. To do this the fan has to come off first. The factory manual says to remove the engine torque
strut, rotate the engine back then remove the fan. I have tried this but cannot get enough clearance to get the fan out. Will it help if I remove the exhaust bolts at the manifold? Would I be better off removing the intake manifold?
Thanks, Scott