95 GMC Sierra 1500 truck heater problem

My truck is a 95 GMC Sierra 1500.
A new blower fan motor was put in, it worked for a while. Now when we go to turn the heat on, nothing happens. I pulled the dash out to look at the back of
the switch. There is an encased unit to the handle and plugs into the wires. I am going to get that part at the dealer, but is that it or am I wasting my time and money. I checked the fuses. I don't know what else to look at.
Please help??? It is getting cold. I can't go through another cold winter.
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 15:17:58 +0000, chris

Try bypassing the switch to see if the motor works. That at lease eliminates one possible problem if it does.
chris wrote:

The switch, the Blower Resistor, the motor (again), and wiring problems are all just as likely on a vehicle that old.
GW
On 11/3/2013 10:17 AM, chris wrote:

Do not throw parts at a problem hoping that you will fix it. The only one who will be satisfied with that process is the guy selling you the parts. As another poster says, there are many things that could be at fault.
Do proper diagnostics and find the defective part. It will be much cheaper, trust me.
--
I'm never going to grow up.