95 JIMMY fuel pump

just wondering how hard is it to change the fuel pump on a 95 gmc jimmy s-15 4x4,does any one have a diagraham on what is needed ? Also are the fuel pumps
the same for the older jimmys with the vortec in it , any help would be great james
--
FAQTO

You have to drop the tank (if you live in the rust belt, get some new tank straps BEFORE you start) The pumps are different between the Vortec(vin W) and the non-vortec (vin Z). The fuel pump in your 95 fits 95 only (seems to be GM's bastard year as a lot of 95 vehicles have 95 only parts). If you get it new at a parts store, it should come with the O-ring for the tank, sometimes they come with a new strainer, if it doesn't, get one. I would also replace the fuel filter at that time, too. Expect to pay between $150-200 for the pump and if you have a shop install it, expect to pay 2-2.5 hours of labor. If you do it yourself, make sure you clean the top of the tank before you open it, the tank seems to collect a lot of crap on top of it. It has been my expierence that as much of a pain in the ass it is to change, I would not install a used one.