95 LeSabre EGR Pintle Position Error is driving me insane

Ok, here's the quick and dirty, My parents bought my wife a car from my grandparents at the beginning of the year

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited with the 3800 V6 obviously.

Soon thereafter the check engine light came on, and my wife promptly ignored it. A thousand or so miles (a month) later the car started stalling so she finaly brought it to my mechanic friend. the problem, EGR Pintle Position error. and the PCM was half fried. He replaced the EGR valve with a known good one and replaced the PCM. A few months later, the check engine light turns on and it is promptly ignored. A thousand or so miles later (a month) the car starts stalling and she brings it back to my mechanic friend. He and the whole shop try to figure out what the hell is going on They replace the PCM and it seems to be working fine but they know the problem will just come back after a while again. My buddy says he has no clue what is going on other than possibly a short he didnt find and says, here ya go, free new PCM and try not to drive it until you can find someone who can fix it so you dont burn out another PCM. So my wife and I drive it as little as possible unless my Exploder is acting up, untill we can save enough money to bring it to a shop that will actualy charge us. Unfortunatly for out broke selves we havent been able to save up enough before well, damn the light is on again. Its not stalling yet, but I need to figure out what the problem might be

Any ideas?

lordfaramir82

I would start by checking and cleaning the battery connections and all the ground connections on the car. Check the charging system and anything else that could be generating noise in the electrical system. Electrical noise is deadly in today's computer driven cars....

Reply to
Woody

Reply to
Joe3301955