95 LeSabre parking brake

The parking brake on my 95 LeSabre is the type that you press once to brake and press again to release. It doesn't stay down; there is something wrong
with the mechanism. Any one had this problem? And have a solution? I want to remove it to see what's wrong, but the repair manual I have doesn't say anything about that. Is it difficult to remove?
Tony
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:57:33 -0400, "Alpha One"

spraying it with something like WD-40 and see if that helps before you tear it down. FWIW YMMV