95 olds ninety eight dies/ starts right back up year old problem no one can fix

we have a '95 olds ninety eight loaded to the hilt, you will be driving along and the engine quits, when it does this at the same time it puts our in the information panel on the dash
Engine Hot A/C disabled
the car will start right back up the car is not over heating or losing even the slightest bit of coolant the temp gauge never shows hot
it sometimes will not happen for a few days, sometimes it happens after 10 minutes sometimes you might be driving the car for hours and hours (I recently made a trip to and from Florida and it only happened a few times (some 1200 miles rt)
it is at a shop again 4 different places so far,
what could be causing this?
thanks!
Tom

There are so many things that can be causing this. Did the shop tell you if it set trouble codes?
I had this sort of problem with an 89 Buick Regal, and after several trips to the selling dealership garage, I got with the Buick technical people. On this model, the zone rep KNEW the cause because it had been published in a service bulletin. The computer series had a run of faulty semiconductors.
I had a similar problem with a Ford once, and it was the ignition switch.
My experience on this one may well not relate to yours at all, but I would suspect electrical issues, possibly bad or intermittent connections, and possibly even the powertrain control module.

No codes have been set ay time

Thanks

Well, we share this common factor as well. Mine never set a code either.
A friend of mine had this same problem, except it did not always start up immediately. Mechanics could never find the offending part. Last time it failed him in front of a Toyota dealership, HE fixed the problem.
Seriously, there are lots of places where ground wires can go bad, or connectors can get dirty or loose. At some point you may have to resort to "trial and error" parts replacement, and that gets very expensive. Start with the cheaper stuff first. (Dealerships and independent garages sometimes have to do this too...It really tends to piss a guy off).