95 Park Avenue Fuel Gauge

We had a new fuel pump and sending unit installed in our 95 Buick Park Avenue. Since then the fuel gauge is not registering properly. It always was right on before this. What needs to be done to fix this.

Reply to
confused

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

It was not a dealership, but a reputable garage that I've dealt with for years. I had checked with the dealership for a sending unit and they wanted $500.00, I purchased this one from a national parts store for $150. I guess If it's going to be just an inconvience, It shows less than I have, I can live with that for $350. I read somewhere that you have to reprogram the computer, and I was wondering if that was the case.

Reply to
confused