95 Park Avenue Fuel Gauge

We had a new fuel pump and sending unit installed in our 95 Buick Park Avenue. Since then the fuel gauge is not registering properly. It always was right on before this. What needs to be done to fix this.

Well ,if it worked properly before the tank unit was replaced, I think I would have the work done rechecked by the shop, or have the gauges tested with a substitute variable resistance.

If this was done at an independant shop(not a dealer) they tend to use generic parts. GM offers many part numbers for a tank unit(fuel pump + sending unit) they are usually exact replacements for the original. Of course this comes with a premium price. Many independant shops will buy an aftermarket unit that will fit many cars. It will not match the original in exactness. What kind of shop installed this?

It was not a dealership, but a reputable garage that I've dealt with for years. I had checked with the dealership for a sending unit and they wanted $500.00, I purchased this one from a national parts store for $150. I guess If it's going to be just an inconvience, It shows less than I have, I can live with that for $350. I read somewhere that you have to reprogram the computer, and I was wondering if that was the case.