95 s-10 pickup....bad mpg

I recently bought a 95 s-10 pickup. 4x4 with a 4.3 vortex
First tank I got 21mpg, which was ok. My friend has same truck and gets closer to 24 mpg. Mine has overdrive, and it runs great. But my last
tank of gas i got 15 mpg. No engine codes either. It had a tune up 2 years ago, is it time for another? What other things could I do? I chenged the oil, and just put in new air filter. Thanks
I have an 02 s-10 with 4.3 vortec. I currently get 20 city and 26 highway. I have a K&N air filter and a hypertec programmer in my truck. I am also running Bosh platinum 4 plugs and duel exhaust. Have you checked your fuel filter? Also that a/c will lower your miles if the compressor is pulling hard. I am also running Bosh platinum 4 plugs. Check your pug wires and distributer. Hope this helps a little.
--
Todd A. Delk
"MikeM" < snipped-for-privacy@rea-alp.com> wrote in message
Of course, you have checked your tire pressure.