'95 Z-26 Beretta..

I have to replace the engine in my '95 Z-26 Beretta.. I would like to step up the Camshaft.. Maybe some Head work..Keeping it Street worthy, what other
Mods can one do to enhance the Horse Power.. Its an Automatic.. I know that I need to replace the Intake Gaskets on an used engine.. 2nd question; I would like to beef up the 4T60 transmission; what do U think about exchanging it with an 4T65(E) or an 4T65E-HD?? Also is there anything that needs to be done to the Transmission?? I think I saw where some GM auto with an 4T60 or 4T65 had an Final gear ratio of 3.33; can I get one for my Transmission or one a little higher; i.e. 3.40 to 3.50 ?? I think my Final Drive Ratio is 2.97 or around 3.10 ..
Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
--
73, W.G.

__!__
On 2/13/2015 10:18 AM, wg davis wrote:

Exhaust headers
replying to Ed Pawlowski , wg davis wrote:

Thx. 4 the reply.. Is there an later year model engine that fits in my *'95* Beretta that would be a better choice for an engine.. I know that (not sure what to call it) there are better Air Boxes with slightly larger Throttle Body openings.. I think the year model is around 1999..