96 Buick LaSabre-A/C diverter

One owner, I brought it new. The A/C cools nicely BUT I cannot get it to come out the dash outlets! I am aware it is controlled by vacuum lines and I've checked them. No cuts or cracks where they connect to the diverter
under the dash. I have not been able to locate where the vacuum lines come from? If I could find the vacuum control unit, just maybe I could switch the lines so the A/C is always coming out the dash outlets. Who needs defrost in Arizona!
The one garage I took it to said I need a new heat/cooling control head at a cost of $800. I've taken the dash apart and there are NO vacuum lines connected to the control unit he wanted to replace.
Anyone have any idea where the vacuum lines originate? I figure there should be a distribution type unit somewhere?
Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Tom snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
Could be wrong here, but find the vacuum storage tank and see if there is a problem there, on my Chev. it was under the l/f fender . Look around under the hood. may be cracked loose or leaking.

Do you have a digital control head? Or does it have a sliding lever for the temp? If it has digital, it is electronically controlled by a servo which could mean a bad control head or servo. If it has a slide for the temp, it is vacuum controlled and probably has a leak. You did not say where the air comes out. Is it the defrost vents only no matter what the setting? Does the heater blow from the bottom like it should?

The control head IS digital, BUT the only servo I've found is located behind the glove compartment and it works-OK. The servo just controls the recirculating or vent function. I've removed the covering under the dash and have found 2 vacuum lines that run to the diverter,located above the floor hump , they were in good condition.
It has 4 settings Mid, Floor, Mid & Floor, Windshield & Floor; no matter what setting I use using either A/C or Heat, it only comes out through the Windshield and Floor.
I've removed the black plastic cover under the hood just forward of the left front wheel well. There is a unit with 2 large electrical connectors on top, not sure what that is? I can see a unit under it that seems to have a vacuum line running to it, but I can not see around the unit to check for any other lines.
ALL Your help is greatly appreciated.

Rather than guess, I will check the wiring diagram tomorrow and get back to you