96 Cavalier front seats mystery

I have a 96 Cavalier and someone brought to our attention that the two front seats (look like original seats) are different from each other; same style, but two subtly different weave colors. I checked the VIN on Carfax and it doesnt seem to be a flood car or totalled. Does GM do this occasionally? One seat matches the back seats. The other doesn't. Rick

Reply to
Rick

Possibly the seat covering was repalced before you bought it. This is quite common if there is a side airbag in the seat that detonates.

Or maybe it ripped or got a burm hole in it.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~284,090 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

It is easy to wash a car title so that a totaled car has no history. The process is detailed on many websites and other places on the Internet. But if you take it to a good auto body repair place an experienced tech can tell pretty quickly if it's been in a major accident.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

side airbags in a 96 cavalier? man BMW's barely had air bags then :D

Whats the last 8 of the VIN, I can look up on GM's system if the seat cover was replaced under warranty, that would explain the difference.

Reply to
Paradox