'96 Cavalier leak

2.2L - I have a coolant leak at the front of the motor. I can see the waterpump but it doesn't appear wet. There is a cover in front of the crank pulley, I believe its also the motor mount. The coolant is
dripping (rather rapidly) from the bottom of this cover. Looking for suggestions. I don't trust sealers but will take recommendations.
The water pump has a weep hole on it, it may leak from that hole if the water pump seal has failed.
These engines were also known for head gasket failures that would cause coolant leakage at the cylinder head to block joint. GM put out a special policy covering head gasket replacements for 7 years or 100,000 miles on these cars.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

the
cause
special
on
<snip>
Robert, does this problem extend into the 1998 model? Not leaking but I do have a leaking valve cover gasket, 38,000 miles.
No (at least there's no bulletin or special policy about it for a '98). There were a fair number of changes made on that engine for '98..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I'm happy to hear that. Thanks for sharing your technical expertise both automotive and computer.