96 Chevrolet Cavalier V4 with 2.2L

My friend has tried to start the car but he saw a smoke coming out from wheel.. it might be the wires burned but done replaced new ignition switch. What do you think?

Assuming its the driver side wheel, the battery and wiring harness sits close by. Open the hood and tell me where the smoke comes from. If I read correctly, you replaced the ignition switch. Is there a possibility you may have some wires not in the correct place anymore? Does the car start? Turn over? Make funny noises? Smell like burning wire? rick
message

Out of the wheel well?
Sounds like the harness to the starter, maybe the battery cable to the starter, or just the starter went poof!
Refinish King
message

message

If its the steering wheel then there is a recall, take it to a GM dealer.
Is the recall below was done on your car?
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news02/gm_recall.html
message