96 chevy corsica radiator cap

My mom is going to change her radiator fluid but being the widow of a mechanic she knows to check things out first. Issue: she cant find the radiator cap on the radiator itself, but she says there is a pressure cap on the reservoir tank. is there no cap on the radiator itself? This seems unusual to me but i have not been a mechanic sinse HEI came out in the 70s so any help is appreciated here.

Thank you Allen

Reply to
TawmcaT

I used to work on my friends 95 Corsica 3.1 Liter. The radiator unit ITSELF does NOT have a pressure cap or any access to it.Drain on bottom of unit on drivers side. The "Expansion" tank located on pass side wheel well has a cap that keeps expansion tank under pressure. open only when cold. this is only access on the 95 thats for the cooling system. Guessing the 96 is the same. Hope this helps you!!

larry

Reply to
Larry from N.J.