96 grand am question

I am trying to find an O2 sensor in this car and I have no idea where it is. Can someone give me a whereabouts just so I have an idea of where to look? The car is a stick, if it matters- 2.4/ 4 door/red/named
bessie... heh. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, the directions for installing the OE sensor state specifically that I am going to need wires that are pre-existing within the current unit,any further input on that would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thanks
First HO2S is located at the rear of the engine, just below the coil packs in the manifold. The second HO2S is located by the catalytic converter in the exhaust system.
The second HO2S is a simple unplug (the connector is located on the left strut tower) and remove by unscrewing from bung.
I don't have instructions for the front HO2S, but I would assume it's similar.
Steve

let me explain what an idiot I am. It was explained to me as the "down" or "downhill" sensor. Which one of those would it be then? the one on the catcon or the one on the manifold?
The "downstream" sensor is the one by the catalytic converter.
Steve