96 lumina sedan - enviro-safe alternative to air conditioning fluid?

Page 2 of 2

Heh. Water vapor is a green house gas. Are you going to stop filling your radiator? You should probably stop drinking the stuff too. And sweating is a big no-no. Puts lots of vapor into the atmosphere.
I'll start respecting environmentalists when they start advocating nuclear power (a few of them finally have).
--
A friend will help you move. A real friend will help you move a body.

R134a is 1300 times more potent the CO2, for example and I don't hear anyone crying about water vapour (besides you).
I support nuclear power due to environmental reasons and have for 20 years.
Jeff Walther wrote:

http://www.care-refrigerants.co.uk/hmpg/hmpgdisplaylev2.asp?where=lev2&catid=3&catid2

How close do you live to a nuclear plant? What are your solutions for waste disposal?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
About 20 miles. Mike Marlow wrote:

I'm about that far from three of them myself - as the crow flies, or as the wind blows...
I'm not anti-nuke by any means but so often the biggest proponents of nuclear power are folks who don't have a plant just upwind of them. My biggest problem with nukes is the reality of "too cheap to meter..."
--

Jeff Walther wrote:

http://www.care-refrigerants.co.uk/hmpg/hmpgdisplaylev2.asp?where=lev2&catid=3&catid2
because it generates no greeenhouse gases, unless you count the steam from the cooling towers. Sure, if no one in corporate management decides to cut costs on safety and security, it might be safer in the short run.
But what about the hghly radioactive waste generated by nuclear plants? What do you do about that garbage with a half-life of 10K years!

If that's the major basis of your concern, then perhaps you shouldn't be driving a car at all. Burning that hydrocarbon called gasoline in your engine isn't doing the environment any favors, either.