96 lumina sedan - enviro-safe alternative to air conditioning fluid?

Heh. Water vapor is a green house gas. Are you going to stop filling your radiator? You should probably stop drinking the stuff too. And sweating is a big no-no. Puts lots of vapor into the atmosphere.

I'll start respecting environmentalists when they start advocating nuclear power (a few of them finally have).

Reply to
Jeff Walther

R134a is 1300 times more potent the CO2, for example and I don't hear anyone crying about water vapour (besides you).

I support nuclear power due to envir> >

Paul

How close do you live to a nuclear plant? What are your solutions for waste disposal?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

It's a case where we are picking the lesser of two evils (not unlike voting).

About 10 miles.

Not an expert > > R134a is 1300 times more potent the CO2, for example and I don't hear

Reply to
Paul

I'm about that far from three of them myself - as the crow flies, or as the wind blows...

I'm not anti-nuke by any means but so often the biggest proponents of nuclear power are folks who don't have a plant just upwind of them. My biggest problem with nukes is the reality of "too cheap to meter..."

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Any Auto Parts store will sell everything you need, too bad they can't loan you an evacuator too. If Retro Fitting an older car, you need a retro fit Kit to convert R12 Schrader Valves to Acme Valves, a R134A can Tapper, and a shot of Ester based Oil. PAG Oil is for cars built with R134A systems. The Two Oils are NOT compatible.

One last caution, Never use compressed air as a troubleshooting tool on a R134A system, to do so oxygenates the refrigerant, which could become flammable, that's why the Acme fittings.

Reply to
Paul

Nuclear power? Are you nuts? In theory it might be less polluting because it generates no greeenhouse gases, unless you count the steam from the cooling towers. Sure, if no one in corporate management decides to cut costs on safety and security, it might be safer in the short run.

But what about the hghly radioactive waste generated by nuclear plants? What do you do about that garbage with a half-life of 10K years!

Reply to
usenet