96 MONTE CARLO HIGH PITCHED INERMITTENT WHINE REAR OF CAR ??

It sounds like a high pitch whine at highway speeds, intermittent, from rear of car, sounds like from the inside.....any thoughts? Thanks.

Reply to
septicman

Axle bearing, transmission whine, tires, etc. Does it do it when coasting or just under power?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Not a whole lot of moving parts at the rear of the car. Tire & hub bearing. Thats about it.

Reply to
PauL

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? What was done to fix it? Thanks again.

Reply to
septicman

First we found the cause. In my case, it was the transmission. Never fixed it, but I did drive it another 100,000 miles.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Dealership said it was a normal sound coming from fuel pump--was still going with over 100K miles. s

Reply to
sdlomi2