96 Pontiac Transport serpentine belt tensioner problem

Hello, My serpentine belt started squealing recently and I noticed that the belt has started to rub against the side of the engine. It appears that the tensioner assembly is causing the serpentine belt to
run out of line with the other pulleys.Its still tensioning but looks like the spring assembly is wearing out. It looks like the assembly is held in by one bolt butI wonder how easy it is to replace this assembly?..given that it is under tension. Thank you for any help.
Chuck
Take off the belt, then the tensioner comes out of the front of the engine, shouldn't be a problem, just access clearances. There is a guide stud to support the tensioner and of course the bolt, re loc- tite this bolt.

-
Shep wrote:

Thanks Shep, I will get the part tommorrow Chuck