96 Sebring

96 Sebring This is my first post here. Looks like a great place!

My daughter has a 96 Sebring, with a problem.

I have been driving this car for a couple of days now, and there is a very loud vibration coming from the front of the car. The noise sounds like something rubbing on one of the tires, and it goes away when I turn right. It gets louder and higher in pitch the faster I go. It almost sounds like the transmission is not shifting, but it is shifting.

I do not see anything touching the tire.

The wheel bearings or hub assy's are good.

It seems to be speed related, because it continues to make the noise and vibrate when it is in neutral and coasting.

The only thing that stops it is turning the steering wheel to the right, even slightly to the right stops it.

Can anyone comment on what this might be?

Thanks,

sanwan

How do you KNOW the wheel bearings are ok?

If it were me, I'd first try swapping the tires front/rear and see if that changes anything. If not, I'd actually PULL the wheel bearings and take a look at them.

Reply to
Mike Y