96 Sunfire steering problem

Hello there
I have a question about a new car I just purchased. Its a 96 Pontiac Sunfire and ive only had it for a couple days. Ive noticed a problem
with it that i didnt notice during the test drive.
Basically the car has a pretty bad pull to right while driving, also sometimes when i drive over a bump at highway speeds the car seems to shift or slide to the left and when i get up to 70mph or higher the front end will shake abit and make a little bit of noise. Im wondering if this could just be a wheel alignment issue or if it could be something more serious. I checked the tire pressures and they are fine. Otherwise there arent any other steering problems or any other problem with the car. Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Did you purchase the car from a dealer or from an individual? If you bought it from a dealer, then take it back under warranty. Most states require some sort of warranty by dealers, even if it's only a short one.

You've confused me. You say you didn't notice this during the test drive but now you say it has a bad pull to the right. That's not something you would not notice during a test drive. I'm guessing you mean something other than what your statement above appears to mean. Does it pull all the time? Only under braking? Only under some other condition?
Shudder at a particular speed can be indicating a wheel out of balance. It might pay to have the wheels balanced.

Yes, it could be wheel alignment that is causing the pull to the right, but you should see tire wear evidence of a faulty alignment.
I don't know what to think of the "shift or slide" to the left when you hit a bump. I'd take the car back to where I bought it and try to get some satisfaction there, or take it to a reputable mechanic who can look at the front end for any obvious problems.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

author/report abuse