96 Transport Drivers door problem

Hey all, My drivers door latch just started "flopping in the breeze" Cant open the door now from the outside....does anyone have any experience taking off the inside door skin so I can take a look at what went wrong. Even better, does anyone have a print from the gm manual?...I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You, Brent

Reply to
Brother Bones
96 Transport Drivers door problem Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Wed, Jan 7, 2004, 7:23pm (CST-2) From: chucke snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Brother=A0Bones) Hey all, My drivers door latch just started "flopping in the breeze" Cant open the door now from the outside....does anyone have any experience taking off the inside door skin so I can take a look at what went wrong. Even better, does anyone have a print from the gm manual?...I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You, Brent

You sure its your latch? It should be held in wih a couple good size bolts....Which attatch it to the door....Do you have power windows or manual? You cant open it from the outside but you can open it from the inside? If you can open it from the inside then you need a outside handle....Let us know about the windows makes a difference when taking the panel off. Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Hi Steve, I cannot open the door from either inside nor out. I have manual windows and power locks. My wife said she hear something drop inside the door when it first happened. It seems that something has loosened off with the inside mech or something. Thanks again,

96 Transport Drivers door problem

Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Wed, Jan 7, 2004, 7:23pm (CST-2) From: chucke snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Brother Bones) Hey all, My drivers door latch just started "flopping in the breeze" Cant open the door now from the outside....does anyone have any experience taking off the inside door skin so I can take a look at what went wrong. Even better, does anyone have a print from the gm manual?...I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You, Brent

You sure its your latch? It should be held in wih a couple good size bolts....Which attatch it to the door....Do you have power windows or manual? You cant open it from the outside but you can open it from the inside? If you can open it from the inside then you need a outside handle....Let us know about the windows makes a difference when taking the panel off. Steve C

Reply to
Brother Bones
96 Transport Drivers door problem Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Wed, Jan 7, 2004, 7:23pm (CST-2) From: chucke snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Brother Bones) Hey all, My drivers door latch just started "flopping in the breeze" Cant open the door now from the outside....does anyone have any experience taking off the inside door skin so I can take a look at what went wrong. Even better, does anyone have a print from the gm manual?...I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You, Brent You sure its your latch? It should be held in wih a couple good size bolts....Which attatch it to the door....Do you have power windows or manual? You cant open it from the outside but you can open it from the inside? If you can open it from the inside then you need a outside handle....Let us know about the windows makes a difference when taking the panel off. Steve C
Reply to
Steve Cook

Thanks Steve, Will give it a go