96 Transport Drivers door problem

Hey all, My drivers door latch just started "flopping in the breeze" Cant open the door now from the outside....does anyone have any experience
taking off the inside door skin so I can take a look at what went wrong. Even better, does anyone have a print from the gm manual?...I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You, Brent
Add pictures here
✖
96 Transport Drivers door problem Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Wed, Jan 7, 2004, 7:23pm (CST-2) From: chucke snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Brother Bones) Hey all, My drivers door latch just started "flopping in the breeze" Cant open the door now from the outside....does anyone have any experience taking off the inside door skin so I can take a look at what went wrong. Even better, does anyone have a print from the gm manual?...I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You, Brent
You sure its your latch? It should be held in wih a couple good size bolts....Which attatch it to the door....Do you have power windows or manual? You cant open it from the outside but you can open it from the inside? If you can open it from the inside then you need a outside handle....Let us know about the windows makes a difference when taking the panel off. Steve C
Add pictures here
✖
Hi Steve, I cannot open the door from either inside nor out. I have manual windows and power locks. My wife said she hear something drop inside the door when it first happened. It seems that something has loosened off with the inside mech or something. Thanks again,
(Brother Bones) Hey all, My drivers door latch just started "flopping in the breeze" Cant open the door now from the outside....does anyone have any experience taking off the inside door skin so I can take a look at what went wrong. Even better, does anyone have a print from the gm manual?...I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You, Brent
You sure its your latch? It should be held in wih a couple good size bolts....Which attatch it to the door....Do you have power windows or manual? You cant open it from the outside but you can open it from the inside? If you can open it from the inside then you need a outside handle....Let us know about the windows makes a difference when taking the panel off. Steve C
Add pictures here
✖
First you need to take off your window crank.. The easiest way i found to do this witht the right tool is to...Take a small rag slide it around the crank on the side the long handle part is ..Slide the rag back and forth while pulling out slightly...The handle will come off there is a little metal retianer clip which holds it on ...Thats what your trying to get off...Once you get the handle off.Remove all the screws...after the screws are out pull out on the panel in a upwards motion....Its gonna be a s.o.b to get off with the door closed...But it will come off...After you get it off let us know what you find... Steve C Re: 96 Transport Drivers door problem Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Sun, Jan 11, 2004, 1:32am (CST-2) From: chucke snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Brother Bones) Hi Steve, I cannot open the door from either inside nor out. I have manual windows and power locks. My wife said she hear something drop inside the door when it first happened. It seems that something has loosened off with the inside mech or something. Thanks again,
(Brother Bones) Hey all, My drivers door latch just started "flopping in the breeze" Cant open the door now from the outside....does anyone have any experience taking off the inside door skin so I can take a look at what went wrong. Even better, does anyone have a print from the gm manual?...I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You, Brent You sure its your latch? It should be held in wih a couple good size bolts....Which attatch it to the door....Do you have power windows or manual? You cant open it from the outside but you can open it from the inside? If you can open it from the inside then you need a outside handle....Let us know about the windows makes a difference when taking the panel off. Steve C
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks Steve, Will give it a go