97 Astro Dist. cap & rotor

I have a 97 astro van (150k) that I have to replace the cap and rotor every 2 months. It runs fine with a new cap and rotor for about 1 month, Then it
will start to miss out. It may miss for 15 mi., then shut it off for 1 hour and it will run fine... It act like there is moisture in the cap. It does not matter if it is raining or not.
Could the seal in the distributor be bad? Would that let moisture get in?? The van sets outside at night.
I have never seen any sign of moisture or oil in the cap.
Kevin

I know that the older GM electronic distributors had control modules screwed / bolted to the Distributor body. Many people would replace the module without putting down any thermal paste. The module's temperature would sometimes rise to the point of intermittent failure giving a symptom similar to yours. I haven't worked on your age of Astro van recently so I can't speak to your system in particular but it might be something to investigate.
There is a camshaft sensor in the dist. I have replaced that. I have replace the spark plugs and spark plug wires twice.
Kevin

every
hour