97 blazer 4.3 has white exhause fume

hello, I have a 97 blazer with 196kmile (on engine). here in illinois, we have some teen temperatures lately and I notice, the car puts white smoke all the time, hot or cold. Most of the cars puts out white before
they heat up but mine does all the time. 91 GMC safari with 4.3 Z engine does not smoke that much even it has 160 F thermostat. Do you have any idea whta might be the reason, or first what i should check.
White mist coming out of your tail pipe might be antifreeze. Check the level in the radiator. Have the cooling system pressure tested, you may have a blown head gasket.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,491 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Those blazers are known for cooling system problems, so Harryface is probably correct.

Travis King wrote:

But they aren't particularly known for head gasket problems. It's cold, probably just water vapor. A lot of cars will put out what appears to be white smoke (water vapor) even once they are warmed up.
Ian
It got 50s and the white smoke dissappeared. what botters me is, It smokes white even when the engine is hot. independent of how long i drive, it just smokes white when it is cold. My other cars smoke white for a short time shiden_kai wrote:

is
u c c wrote:

Different cars do different things. I would not worry about it. Have you taken a whiff of the exhaust itself? If it was burning antifreeze, you should be able to smell it. And if it was burning antifreeze, it would smoke hot or cold, no matter what the temp was.
Ian
No funny smell. everything looks ok. thanks for the input shiden_kai wrote:

white
Have
antifreeze,

If your coolant level is high enough and you haven't added any it could just be that it's too cold outside. In some parts of Canada in the winter virtually every car is puffing white smoke.
See if it smokes when it's warm outside. If not, might just be typical cold weather "smoke."