97 cavalier won't crank,wort start.

Has anyone had this problem.my cavalier has be sitting for about 3 weeks.when i went to start it I notice the theft light on the panel was on.and tje car will not crank over nor start.This is so confusing casue
their was no problem with this before,please help,I dont have much money to take the car in and pay for guess work.thanks
sisie wrote:

terminals, often, if used daily, = no problem. Let it sit a week or so [ damp air speeds it up ] and a thin film of oxide forms on battery terminals.
to my knowledge no one has tamper with the car.My son did make sure that the battery was good.and he did try to jump the car off the solenoid.and it did start for a few seconds then died.so strange,casue when I did start it,it ran fine.turn it off and the next day nothing.it wont crank.everything comes on.lights wipers,the works,but the theft light stays on.
Its a pass lock problem..You have more than likely on this a bad theft module...Thus when you try to start it shuts right off because its telling your PCM there is a theft problrm to shut down your injectors...... Steve C Also Re: 97 cavalier won't crank,wort start. Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Thu, May 26, 2005, 10:44pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (sisie) to my knowledge no one has tamper with the car.My son did make sure that the battery was good.and he did try to jump the car off the solenoid.and it did start for a few seconds then died.so strange,casue when I did start it,it ran fine.turn it off and the next day nothing.it wont crank.everything comes on.lights wipers,the works,but the theft light stays on.
"sisie" wrote: > Has anyone had this problem.my cavalier has be sitting for > about 3 > weeks.when i went to start it I notice the theft light on the > panel was > on.and tje car will not crank over nor start.This is so > confusing casue > their was no problem with this before,please help,I dont have > much money > to take the car in and pay for guess work.thanks
i just started having the same problem, I have a 96 z24, the theft light didnt really ever come on though, but i would get a jump drive it, then it would die out, i jumped it a few more times and nada, it wouldnt even crank... i replaced the solenoid, or however you spell it, it started right up, try that, approx. 40 bucks from an advance auto parts, maybe close to that at an auto zone if you have either of those close to you, oh and it is a beotch to get off, suggest taking peices off of the intake first, and recruit maybe a female friend to use their small hands (I had to) just for a couple of small bolts that are hard to get, good luck
"montana" wrote: > i just started having the same problem, I have a 96 z24, the > theft light didn't really ever come on though, but i would get > a jump drive it, then it would die out, i jumped it a few more > times and nada, it wouldn't even crank... i replaced the > solenoid, or however you spell it, it started right up, try > that, approx. 40 bucks from an advance auto parts, maybe close > to that at an auto zone if you have either of those close to > you, oh and it is a beotch to get off, suggest taking peices > off of the intake first, and recruit maybe a female friend to > use their small hands (I had to) just for a couple of small > bolts that are hard to get, good luck
:evil: that was not it, or all of it, im still losing power to the battery at an astonishing rate, generally lose enough power to make the car shut down, in approx, 5 minutes of driving, thinking maybe alternator, some one give me some other ideas :twisted: