97 cavy motor swap

ok here it is. i have a 97 cavy with a 2.2l motor and a 5 speed trans. i am making it into a street/drag car. to where i can drive it back and forth to work since i just work 1 mile away and on the weekends take it to the track. i already did a custom dash and wiring. autometer gauges all over. nothing factory inside. i had the head redone and bigger valves put it in. well last week i blew the front gasket out of it. so i was thinking that i should do a motor swap. well this got me to thinking. i have a 2.4dohc and a 5speed trans sitting out back in a beretta. but i can not find to many upgrades for the motor. so i got to looking around and thought how about a 3.3/3300 or 3.8/3800 supercharged with a 5 speed trans. now i know this has been done i have seen it. but i can not find any info on it anywhere on the web.

so here is where i am stumped. i need to know what i need to do this. parts list would be nice. and please do not tell me to go and buy one or a v8. there is no fun in that for me. i am the kind of person that likes to make things work. not buy something that is already doing it and add on to it. don't mean to sound rude or anything if it does i'm sorry.

so if you have any info on this or any opinions please hit me up.

thank you

Reply to
chevyman