97 Chevy Lumina Remote locks transmitter

I just learned that the 97 lumina I purchased 2 years ago has remote entry/locks. Called a dealer for a price on the transmitters (need two), I was quoted $65.00 each. Any good aftermarket transmitter
dealers out there, or a better source for original equipment.
Thanks Jim
Add pictures here
βœ–
so you have AUO (on the rpo tag) best to try e-bay for the fobs i can help you to program them but aftermarket means you'll have to change the system over ,steve

Add pictures here
βœ–
I have a Bonneville 93 SSEi with factory remote entry and security system. I lost the remote months ago and got one from wrecking yard. Is there a procedure I can use to re-program my new remote? If I follow the procedure, will it upset my original remote that I have mis-placed if (big if) I found it.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Here is the information from the owner's manual of a 2001 Camaro. Perhaps the same procedure applies to your vehicle:
Matching Transmitter(s) to Your Vehicle
Each remote keyless entry transmitter is coded to prevent another transmitter from unlocking your vehicle. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased through your dealer. Remember to bring any remaining transmitters with you when you go to your dealer. When the dealer matches the replacement transmitter to your vehicle, any remaining transmitters must also be matched. Once your dealer has coded the new transmitter, the lost transmitter will not unlock your vehicle. Each vehicle can have only four transmitters matched to it.
Have each transmitter you intend to match ready for the next steps. To match transmitters to your vehicle, do the following:
1. Turn the ignition key to RUN, then to OFF. This will disarm the content theft-deterrent/alarm system (option).
2. Remove the RADIO fuse. This fuse is located in the main fuse block which is located on the left side of your instrument panel. See Fuses and Circuit Breakers in the Index.
3. Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN three times quickly (within five seconds). The vehicle will respond by locking the doors, unlocking the driver’s door and releasing the hatch. Your transmitter is now ready to match the vehicle. Leave the ignition in RUN.
4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The vehicle will respond as in Step 3.
5. Repeat Step 4 for the remaining transmitters.
6. When you have finished matching all of your transmitters, replace the RADIO fuse.
7. Check that all transmitters work by pressing the buttons.
If the transmitters don’t work, or if you’d rather not match the transmitters yourself, see your dealer.

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Probably isn't the same procedure, it's different between models and often between model years as well.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
βœ–

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Don't have to register. Just go to http://www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2content/manual/US/en /
Add pictures here
βœ–

Since gmpartsdirect.com doesn't have the parts on their website why don't you call them up to see if you can get them from there?
Add pictures here
βœ–
They are on eBay all the time (the factory ones, that is).

Add pictures here
βœ–

I've purchased transmitters from here. Half the price of the dealer.
http://www.keylessride.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
Why didn't the guy ( or dealer ) you bought the car from give you the remotes from the car?
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Add pictures here
βœ–
I didn't know it had it, so I didn't ask. Don't know why I was not given them, it was a fleet car.
Harry Face wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

I was going to say ebay also. The procedure SgtSilicon posted (with the exception of the fuse removal) sounds like the generic keyfob reprogram instructions I've seen for many vehicles. Flip key on and off x many times, doors will lock/unlock, hold the buttons, etc. Usually it's 3, 5, or 8 times of flipping on and off.
-GV
Add pictures here
βœ–